Donavan Lakes Fishing Club
Donavan Lakes for
Definition of Membership:
from 1 January - 31 December.
One person is designated the Club Member.
This is usually the head of a household. The spouse and all dependents under 20
years of age are allowed to fish with the member. The spouse may bring the
dependants and one guest without the member. Either the member or the spouse
must always be present for dependants and guests to be on the property. One
guest is allowed to accompany the member and his family (this is one person,
not another family). Membership is not transferable.
1. Members are encouraged to pay dues
annually before 1 January of each new year -- $800 Donavan Lakes Fishing
2. Make checks out to Donavan Lakes Fishing
Club; mail to Thomas Wilson, Manager
3. Inform management before 31 December of
each year if not renewing the membership and return the gate key to Thomas
4. Follow all rules of the
5. Help keep the grounds clean and neat
(absolutely litter free; including cigarette butts)
6. Lock the gate going in and coming out at
both the Donavan and Bar-D clubs...never leave gate
Types of Fish in the Bar-D Lakes: (1) Roy, (2) Ely, (3)
Florida bass, bluegill, coppernose bream,
redear bream, threadfin shad, gizzard shad and fathead minnows are stocked in
all lakes. Catfish are stocked in Lake Roy (Lake 1). Golden shiners are in Lake
Donavan Club lakes have F1 hybrid
largemouth Tiger bass and coppernose bream in addition to fathead minnows,
golden shiners and threadfin shad.
Fishing Rules and Regulations:
- Creel Limits:
- Bass - 5 bass per person; 8 bass per
- Bream - 25 limit per
- Catfish - no limit
- Size Limits:
- Bass - Release all bass over three
pounds; you may keep a State record bass.
- Bream & catfish -
- No trotline, or dropline fishing; no
jug fishing...only rod, reel or pole!
- No fishing with live bait for
Camping on Club Property:
The owner allows camping until it is apparent that it causes
problems or a mess.
- You may camp in tents or pop-up campers
anywhere at Bar-D; A RV pad with 30/50 amp hookups, security light, fishing
pier is located beside Lake Galye at Bar-D (no water or dump). Camping at
Donavan beside Snag, Swamp and Inez lakes. Five 30/50 amp hookups exist in the
nice camping area above the Swamp Lake pier (suited for tents, popups, and
small selfcontained motor homes). An adult must be present at all times. Be
considerate of other members. You may gather dead wood to burn. Do not ever cut
any size living tree. Be careful with fires...use common sense and safety. Put
your fire out with buckets of water. Police the fire area... return it to a
natural site...leave the place like you find it...clean and natural.
- Do not leave campers on Club property.
Take your camper with you when you leave.
- The pastures around the lake are active
hay fields. Workers will be cutting hay all summer. Please dont get in
- Boats: The lakes are best suited for small
boats. Bass boats are allowed.
- No gasoline motors allowed to be run on
- You may leave your boat on the property
(at your own risk). Lock your boat to a tree. Please dont lock boats to
- Dont block the boat ramps with your
- No ATVs on Club property (except for management for
maintenance); golf carts, both gas and electric, are allowed on Club
- Days the Club is Open - every day, all
- All activities on the property of Donavan
Lakes and Bar-D Fishing Clubs are at the risk of the members
- The dams and drainage systems were
reworked or rebuilt in 1994. We consider them safe and secure. However, this is
a watershed system. Mother nature could send a torrent of water down the valley
and wipe out a dam. Management will not return membership fees if a dam breaks
or other acts of nature.
- There are snakes on the property...take
- Absolutely no swimming in any lake!
- Any member or guest that breaks the rules
or displays inappropriate behavior may be removed from the property or removed
from the club. No refund of dues in these cases.
- Management reserves the right to inspect
the catch of anyone on the property at any time. Please cooperate with this
- The Club environment is a Wildlife
Refuge...absolutely no guns of any type are allowed (this includes BB guns and
air rifles). No hunting or shooting on the Fishing Club property. The land
north of lakes Snag, Swamp and Inez is leased to hunters.
- As a community service, Thomas Wilson
teaches bass fishing in the summer to a small class of Judson students and to
cadets at MMI. Wilson will bring his classes to fish in one of the Club lakes
(two trips to the lakes per year). This usually amounts to six students for a
few hours in the afternoon during a weekday...never on the weekend. Judson and
MMI fishing classes are in May-June and are not taught every year.